Start: April 2, 2014
End: April 4, 2014
Place: Cologne, Germany
GESIS (German Microdata Lab)
The workshop is intended as a primer in digital preservation. It introduces central concepts of digital preservation, providing participants with a common terminology to understand an (idealized) preservation and dissemination workflow.
The workshop will have a strong focus on organizational rather than technical issues and will include the following topics:
- What is digital preservation and why do we need it?
- The OAIS reference model
- Acquisition policies and selection criteria
- Licensing research data for preservation and re-use
- Communicating with user communities
- Trusted digital repositories.
Archivists, repository staff, research data center staff, anyone responsible for (planning) the curation and preservation of digital assets.
This course is for you
- if you work in an organization or project planning to set up an archive or repository for digital preservation,
- or if your organization already has established a repository or archive but has not systematically considered aspects of digital preservation.